Welcome back to the Law School Toolbox podcast! Today we’re focusing on Criminal Procedure, specifically the Fourth Amendment to the Constitution and the limits it imposes on police actions based on tips from anonymous informants.
In this episode we discuss:
- A review of the Fourth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution
- Determining when probable cause arises for an arrest, search, or seizure
- How is a “totality of the circumstances” analysis performed?
- Going through two hypos, from the February 2004 and July 2021 California bar exams
- How to structure an answer to an essay question involving anonymous informant tips
Thanks for listening!