Welcome back to the Law School Toolbox podcast! Today we’re talking with ex-BigLaw recruiter, Sadie Jones, about what to do if OCI didn’t go as planned, and you didn’t end up with a summer associate offer for your 2L summer. All is not lost!
In this episode, we discuss:
- Whether you can get a BigLaw summer associate position if you didn’t get one through OCI
- Can you ask for feedback from the firm – officially or even unofficially – as to why you didn’t get an offer?
- Taking a long hard look at the potential deficiencies in your application – is it your grades? Your interview skills? Fix them and try again!
- Is this a blessing in disguise? How to use this as a growth opportunity or as a second chance to really evaluate if BigLaw is where you want to be
- Talking to career services – they often get a bad rap but they’re the first one firms go to if they need to hire more summer associates
- Hustle – if you really want this, you’re going to have to work for it – network, make coffee dates, get creative
- At the end of the day – find some kind of legal job even if it’s unpaid
Thanks for listening!