Welcome back to the Law School Toolbox podcast! This is another episode in our “Listen and Learn” series, where we review legal concepts and apply them to fact patterns. Today, we’re focusing on subject matter jurisdiction from Civil Procedure.
In this episode we discuss:
- Review of the basic concept of jurisdiction
- Constructing an attack plan for Civil Procedure
- The two types of actions that federal courts have jurisdiction over
- The difference between citizenship and domicile for people (and corporations)
- Analyzing two Civ Pro essay questions, from the February 2009 and July 2012 California bar exams
- Laws that tie into subject matter jurisdiction — supplemental jurisdiction and aggregation of claims
Thanks for listening!