Welcome back to the Law School Toolbox podcast! Today, we’re talking with Dr. Shirag Shemmassian — a law school admissions expert who has been featured on The Washington Post, U.S. News & World Report, and NBC — about the process of deciding which law schools to apply to, and choosing the one to attend.
In this episode we discuss:
- Dr. Shemmassian’s background and his work in admissions counseling
- Factors to consider when choosing which schools to apply to
- How many schools should be on the average applicant’s list?
- Going straight through to law school vs taking
some time off
- What to think about when deciding which school to choose if you’ve gotten into a few places
- Presenting your story in terms of what’s going to make you a great alumnus
- Financial aid and the importance of scholarships
Thanks for listening!