Welcome back to the Law School Toolbox podcast! Today, we have Marina Modlin, founder of Modlin Legal, with us to share some real-life estate planning advice.
In this episode we discuss:
- Marina’s background and current practice
- What does “estate planning” entail?
- The “default” system of estate planning versus the “opt-in” system
- Life events that should really trigger you to deal with your estate plan
- How to start the conversation around estate planning with parents/grandparents
- Pros and cons of the estate practice area
- When you can try to do estate planning on your own, and when to seek help
Thanks for listening!