Welcome back to the Law School Toolbox podcast! Today, we have ex-BigLaw recruiter Sadie Jones with us to talk about all of the non-academic aspects of the job hunt — in other words, what legal employers are looking at, besides just grades.
In this episode we discuss:
- What are the non-academic experiences/abilities/activities you can think about highlighting in your resume and interviews?
- Why are legal employers looking at things outside of grades?
- A few things that might seem impressive but not be worthwhile to most employers
- How to figure out what about your background is best to highlight
- The benefit of bringing up whatever it is that makes you diverse
- Presenting a well-framed personal story during the interview process
Thanks for listening!