Things You’ll Find in a Successful Law School Exam Answer
Here are some characteristics you’ll find in a good law school essay exam answer:
- It raises all the applicable issues in the fact pattern.
- It does not discuss issues not included in the fact pattern.
- It is completed in the allotted time.
- It is clearly written and is easy for the grader to read and understand.
- It contains accurate and concise rule statements.
- It uses IRAC (if the professor wants IRAC).
- It uses headers intelligently, to make the essay easier to read.
- It contains very few typos (typos can be distracting to the grader).
- It conveys a sense of confident mastery.
- It gets to the point and doesn’t ramble.
- It ANSWERS THE QUESTION!
What did we forget?
Want more law school exam tips? Sign up for the Law School Toolbox newsletter now! Just because we like you, you’ll also get our Top 10 Law School Exam Tips — free!
Looking for some help to do your best in law school? Find out about our law school tutoring options.