Welcome back to the Law School Toolbox podcast! Today, we’re talking with Mark Cohen, founder and CEO of Legal Mosaic, about what law schools should be teaching but aren’t. Mark’s experience in the legal industry is vast and varied, and, in this podcast, he offers his unique perspective on the current state of the legal profession, as well as what may lie ahead in the future. In light of these changing circumstances, what should you demand from your legal education that you’re not getting?
In this episode we discuss:
- Legal process outsourcing (LPO) and technology, and how they’re changing the delivery of legal services
- The distinction between legal services and legal products
- The weakening dominance of big law firms and the emergence of ancillary career options for new lawyers
- What they’re not teaching you in law school that’s vital for success as a lawyer
- The disconnect between doctrinal law and meaningful, practical experience
- The need for project management skills and collaboration in a legal practice
- Skills and qualities that could set you apart as a new lawyer
- What does the lawyer of the future look like?
Thanks for listening!
To listen now, just click on the arrow button above.
- Legal Mosaic
- Mark Cohen on Forbes
- Mark Cohen on Twitter
- Podcast Episode 86: Resources for Aspiring Entrepreneurs
- The Real Secret to Getting Clients for Your Online Practice
- Podcast Episode 81: Building Emotional Intelligence
- Podcast Episode 71: Soft Skills You Need to Develop to be a Successful Attorney
- Podcast Episode 5: Maintaining Authenticity in the Legal Profession
Download the Transcript
Prefer to read? Download the episode transcript.
Did You Like It?
If you enjoyed this episode, please let us know! We’d love a nice review and/or rating on iTunes. (You can also subscribe using the iTunes link, so you won’t miss anything.)
And feel free to reach out to us directly! You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website. If you’ve got burning law school questions, let us know! We’re always looking for great content ideas, so maybe we’ll answer your question in a future episode.
And you can always listen to other episodes on the main Law School Toolbox podcast page.
Thanks for listening!
Looking for some help to do your best in law school? Find out about our law school tutoring options.
Leave a Reply