Welcome back! Today we’re talking about a perennial 1L problem area: organizing your time and your life so you can get everything done in law school and still be a somewhat normal human being. Law school requires a lot of time, but so do other important areas of your life. Find out how to fit everything in without having a breakdown!
In this episode we discuss:
- The law school obligations that need to find a place in your schedule
- Non-academic activities that you might consider scheduling as well
- Time-saving strategies for handling mundane, but necessary, errands
- Making productive use of study breaks during off-peak hours of the day
- The importance of sleep and concentrated focus (vs. multitasking)
- Maintaining open, honest communication with the other people in your life about your law school time demands
- Various apps and tools to help you gain control over your time and stick to your schedule
Thanks for listening!
To listen now, just click on the arrow button above.
- Start Law School Right Course
- Podcast Episode 89: The Leap from Undergrad to Law School (with Keri Clapp)
- How to Calendar Your Way to Better Grades and More Free Time
- 10 Reasons to Exercise in Law School
- 6 Ways to Make Time to Exercise in Law School
- Amazon Subscribe and Save
- Five Myths About the Law School Study Group
- Podcast Episode 24: Job Search Basics for 1Ls
- Let’s Talk About Sleep
- Wired to Eat, by Robb Wolf
- How to Maximize Your Sleep
- Is Tryptophan Plus Outlining a Recipe for Disaster? How to Decide Whether to Go Home for Thanksgiving in Law School
- Parenting in Law School: Surviving Your 1L Year While Raising a Family
- The Battle of Commuting to Law School
- Podcast Episode 88: Self-Care Tips for Keeping Your Mojo in Law School
- Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World, by Cal Newport
- One “Think” at a Time: Why Multitasking Doesn’t Work
Download the Transcript
Prefer to read? Download the episode transcript.
Did You Like It?
And feel free to reach out to us directly! You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website. If you’ve got burning law school questions, let us know! We’re always looking for great content ideas, so maybe we’ll answer your question in a future episode.
And you can always listen to other episodes on the main Law School Toolbox podcast page.
Thanks for listening!
Looking for some help to do your best in law school? Find out about our law school tutoring options.