Welcome back! Today, we’re addressing some of the questions we’ve gotten from incoming 1Ls about law school academics. There are many things about law school that inherently make law school intimidating, unfamiliar territory. Tune in for some tips on preparing yourself mentally for what to expect so you go into your 1L year with a strategy for success.
In this episode we discuss:
- Elements of law school that are challenging and different from what you’ve experienced in the past
- How to manage the heavy workload (hint: there’s no shortcut)
- Tracking your time and evaluating your methods to course-correct along the way
- Tips for part-time students managing additional responsibilities
- Good confusion vs. bad confusion and how to know if you’re prepared for class
- How to stand out – in a good way – in law school
To listen now, just click on the arrow button above.
- Start Law School Right Course
- Podcast Episode 16: Study Strategies for Different Learning Styles in Law School
- Podcast Episode 19: Conquering Different Types of Law School Exams
- Podcast Episode 21: What is your Professor Looking for on Exams
- Podcast Episode 22: Take an Exam with Us
- Podcast Episode 89: The Leap from Undergrad to Law School (with Keri Clapp)
- Time Management Tip: Think of Law School Like a Job
- Balancing Life as a Night Student
- How to Brief a Case in Law School
- 1L Tip of the Day: Good Confusion and Bad Confusion
- Why Class Participation Matters and How to Do It Right
- A Student’s Perspective: The First Week of Law School Classes
Download the Transcript
Prefer to read? Download the episode transcript.
Did You Like It?
And feel free to reach out to us directly! You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website. If you’ve got burning law school questions, let us know! We’re always looking for great content ideas, so maybe we’ll answer your question in a future episode.
And you can always listen to other episodes on the main Law School Toolbox podcast page.
Thanks for listening!
Looking for some help to do your best in law school? Find out about our law school tutoring options.