Welcome back to the Law School Toolbox podcast! If you are a 2L or 3L who’s struggled in law school, this episode is for you. Today we’re talking about how to overcome a 1L year that was less than stellar and raise your grades for the rest of your tenure in law school.
Your GPA as a 1L is important because it’s used for on-campus interviews and Law Review, but don’t forget that clerkships, internships, and future employers look at the big picture and you still have a long way to go. It’s too early to get discouraged!
We discuss strategies to raise your GPA which include:
- Evaluating the problem
- Developing more effective pre-exam preparation strategies
- Secrets to eliminating distractions in class
- Managing your time effectively and getting more practice in
- Working on your exam writing skills
- Scheduling classes the smart way
- Taking advantage of electives and clinics
- Improving your GPA as a 3L – Is it even worth bothering?
- Getting in the right mindset for success
The most important things is to not get discouraged and give up. Continuously try to improve and change the way you prepare and study, and you’ll see results!
To listen now, just click on the arrow button above.
Did You Like It?
And feel free to reach out to us directly! You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website.
And you can always listen to other episodes on the main Law School Toolbox podcast page.
Thanks for listening!
Looking for some help to do your best in law school? Find out about our law school tutoring options.