Welcome back! Today, let’s take a break, and talk about self-care strategies to keep your mojo strong as a law student. Law school is stressful enough on a good day, and, with everything going on in the world, global anxiety is at an all-time high. This combo is leading to a lot of stressed out, anxious law students! If this is you, we’ve got some strategies and advice to keep things from spinning out of control.
In this episode we discuss:
- Simple self-care and why it’s so important!
- Scheduling time to “check in” with yourself
- How to unplug from technology and reboot
- Understanding your “Sphere of Control”
- Balancing law school and maintaining focus in a tumultuous political environment
- Remembering the big picture and finding perspective
To listen now, just click on the arrow button above.
- Podcast Episode 1: Mindset – The Key to Success in Law School?
- Podcast Episode 43: Getting Mentally Prepared to Start Law School
- Podcast Episode 15: The October Freakout
- Podcast Episode 7: Time and Life Management Basics
- Podcast Episode 17: Where to Get Help in Law School
- Podcast Episode 2: Why Is Law School Hard?
- Jain, Renee. “Teach your Child this Crucial Life Lesson (Challenge #2: Sphere of Control).” Huffington Post, Feb 21, 2017.
- Ginsberg, Ruth Bader. My Own Words. New York: Simon & Schuster, 2016.
Download the Transcript
Prefer to read? Download the episode transcript.
Did You Like It?
And feel free to reach out to us directly! You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website. If you’ve got burning law school questions, let us know! We’re always looking for great content ideas, so maybe we’ll answer your question in a future episode.
And you can always listen to other episodes on the main Law School Toolbox podcast page.
Thanks for listening!
Looking for some help to do your best in law school? Find out about our law school tutoring options.