Welcome back. Today, we’re talking with Grover Cleveland, a Seattle lawyer and speaker and the author of the bestselling career advice book for new lawyers, Swimming Lessons for Baby Sharks: The Essential Guide to Thriving as a New Lawyer.
If you’re in law school or are starting your legal career in a law firm, tune in!
In this episode we discuss:
- Grover tells us about the origin of his bestselling book, Swimming Lessons for Baby Sharks
- Lee and Grover share their experiences as new associates
- The most common mistakes summer associates and new full-time associates make
- What lawyers should wear to the office
- The soft skills law students need to succeed in their legal careers
- The realities of work/life balance, and how to ask about the topic in interviews
- How to set boundaries
- Getting feedback on your performance
To listen now, just click on the arrow button above.
Download the Transcript
Prefer to read? Download the episode transcript.
Did You Like It?
And feel free to reach out to us directly! You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website. If you’ve got burning law school questions, let us know! We’re always looking for great content ideas, so maybe we’ll answer your question in a future episode.
And you can always listen to other episodes on the main Law School Toolbox podcast page.
Thanks for listening!
Looking for some help to do your best in law school? Find out about our law school tutoring options.