Welcome back to the Law School Toolbox podcast. Today we’re running through your mid-semester to-do list to ensure you’re where you need to be before it’s too late.
Mid-semester is the time when reality sets in for most law students. Whatever is going on – midterms, sniffles, boredom – it’s time to focus on the end goal and get serious about preparation. Here’s what you need to be doing, now.
In this episode we discuss:
- How you should handle the next 7-8 weeks
- The importance of deep work in the second half of the semester
- Setting up your study calendar
- Getting ready for finals
- Ways of tracking your time if you’re not sure how it’s slipping away
- Searching for a summer job as a 1L (you can start Dec. 1)
- Avoiding distractions and battling procrastination
- How to do a self-check-in
- Where to go for help
- Stress management techniques and staying healthy
- How to manage your personal relationships, especially around the holidays and exams
To listen now, just click on the arrow button above.
- Having an October Freakout? Of Course You Are!
- The October Freakout
- Your Mid-Semester Reality Check
- How to Make a Useful Law School Outline
- Dealing With Self-Sabotaging Behavior in Law School
- Fast, Healthy and Cheap Meals in Law School
Did You Like It?
And feel free to reach out to us directly! You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website. If you’ve got burning law school questions, let us know! We’re always looking for great content ideas, so maybe we’ll answer your question in a future episode.
And you can always listen to other episodes on the main Law School Toolbox podcast page.
Thanks for listening!
Looking for some help to do your best in law school? Find out about our law school tutoring options.