Welcome back to the Law School Toolbox podcast. Today we’re talking about how to have a successful law school internship or externship experience. For most law students, these jobs are their first experiences in the legal workplace (or maybe in any professional workplace). Be sure you’re behaving like a responsible professional, and you’ll set yourself up for success in any internship or externship!
In this episode we discuss:
- What’s the difference between an internship and an externship?
- Different types of internships or externships, and how the expectations vary
- What should you do (and not do) in a legal workplace?
- How to be a professional
- What do people really expect of you?
- Practical tips for day-to-day scenarios (meetings, phone calls, email, etc.)
- How to get along with others in the workplace
- Defining your goals for this experience
- Traits you should develop to succeed as a lawyer
To listen now, just click on the arrow button above.
- How to Behave Like a Professional in the Legal Workplace Podcast
- Tips for Legal Writing at Your Summer Job
- Being a Professional in a Generation Gap Workplace
- Writing Effectively in Your Summer Legal Job
- How to End a Summer Internship on a Good Note
Did You Like It?
If you enjoyed this episode, please let us know! We’d love a nice review and/or rating on iTunes. (You can also subscribe using the iTunes link, so you won’t miss anything.)
And feel free to reach out to us directly! You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website. If you’ve got burning law school questions, let us know! We’re always looking for great content ideas, so maybe we’ll answer your question in a future episode.
And you can always listen to other episodes on the main Law School Toolbox podcast page.
Thanks for listening!
Looking for some help to do your best in law school? Find out about our law school tutoring options.
Leave a Reply