Welcome back to the Law School Toolbox podcast! It looks like the COVID pandemic will continue to be a factor at the beginning of this school year. What can you do to get into the mindset for starting law school, considering the ongoing issues due to COVID? Join us for this episode as we share some tips for a successful 1L year.
In this episode we discuss:
- Getting pre-1L life logistics in order
- Setting up a support system
- Figuring out law school exams sooner rather than later
- Scheduling deep work (and everything else)
- Evaluating how things are going, and how to catch up quickly if you fall behind
- When to start thinking about jobs
- Dealing with issues caused by COVID
Thanks for listening!
To listen now, just click on the arrow button above.
- Tutoring for Law School Success
- Buy Nothing
- Podcast Episode 1: Mindset – The Key to Success in Law School?
- Podcast Episode 8: Law School 101 for 1Ls (What Not to Do)
- Podcast Episode 21: What Is Your Professor Looking for on Exams
- Podcast Episode 22: Take an Exam With Us
- Podcast Episode 24: Job Search Basics for 1Ls
- Podcast Episode 43: Getting Mentally Prepared to Start Law School
- Podcast Episode 60: 5 Tips for Surviving the First Month of Law School
- Podcast Episode 92: Top 1L Questions: The Money Edition
- Podcast Episode 93: Top 1L Questions: Academic Concerns
- Podcast Episode 95: Top 1L Questions: Time and Life Management
- Podcast Episode 98: Top 1L Questions: Non-Traditional Law Students
- Podcast Episode 120: Preparing for the 1L Job Hunt (with ex-BigLaw Recruiter Sadie Jones)
- Podcast Episode 136: How to Attack Multiple Choice Questions on Law School Exams
- Podcast Episode 193: Books to Read Before Law School
- Podcast Episode 198: Pre-1L Life Logistics
- Podcast Episode 206: The Most Surprising Things About 1L Year
- Podcast Episode 254: Starting Law School Successfully During a Pandemic
- Podcast Episode 289: Starting Law School in 2021
- Five Techniques for Using Deep Work to Excel in Law School
- What’s a Trello? The Habit Tracker to Help Law Students Stay Productive
- Why Your Gmail Inbox Should Be Your To-Do List
Prefer to read?
Did You Like It?
If you enjoy the podcast, we’d love a nice review and/or rating on Apple Podcasts or your favorite listening app. And feel free to reach out to us directly. You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website. If you’re concerned about the bar exam, check out our sister site, the Bar Exam Toolbox. You can also sign up for our weekly podcast newsletter to make sure you never miss an episode!
Thanks for listening!
Looking for some help to do your best in law school? Find out about our law school tutoring options.