Welcome back to the Law School Toolbox podcast! Today, we’re discussing a topic that almost everyone has to focus on at one point or another – money! Join us as we talk through debt, savings, investments, and retirement planning with our special guest Carrie Friedberg – a certified financial coach, financial behavior specialist, and founder of SF Money Coach.
In this episode we discuss:
- Carrie’s story and her work with SF Money Coach
- How is a financial coach different than a financial advisor or planner?
- The different buckets of financial wellness
- Are women less financially savvy than men?
- Managing law school debt
- Assessing your tolerance for risk before making investments
- Aligning your views on money with your life partner
- What’s the first step in getting rid of credit card debt?
- Tools that can help with saving and budgeting
Thanks for listening!
To listen now, just click on the arrow button above.
- SF Money Coach
- Personal Finance 101 Course
- Money Harmony: A Road Map for Individuals and Couples, by Olivia Mellan
- Fair Play: A Game-Changing Solution for When You Have Too Much to Do (and More Life to Live), by Eve Rodsky
- Podcast Episode 96: How to Rapidly Pay Off Law School Debt (with guest Financial Panther)
- Podcast Episode 149: Saving Money in Law School
- Podcast Episode 177: Real Talk about Student Loan Debt (w/Financial Expert Travis Hornsby)
- Podcast Episode 184: Handling Law School Finances (w/Lyssa Thaden of Accesslex)
- Podcast Episode 277: Fair Play: A Game-Changing Solution for When You Have Too Much to Do (w/Eve Rodsky)
- Ahead of the Curve: Take the Money or Take a Gamble? Should a Scholarship Determine Which Law School You Attend?
- 5 Money Saving Apps for Law Students
Prefer to read?
Did You Like It?
If you enjoy the podcast, we’d love a nice review and/or rating on Apple Podcasts or your favorite listening app. And feel free to reach out to us directly. You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website. If you’re concerned about the bar exam, check out our sister site, the Bar Exam Toolbox. You can also sign up for our weekly podcast newsletter to make sure you never miss an episode!
Thanks for listening!
Looking for some help to do your best in law school? Find out about our law school tutoring options.