Welcome back to the Law School Toolbox podcast! Today, in an episode from our “Listen and Learn” series, we take a look at the Statute of Frauds, or the types of situations that are susceptible to fraud and therefore require a written and signed contract.
In this episode we discuss:
- The situations that courts have decided are particularly open to fraud
- What elements are needed for contract formation?
- The rules and exceptions to the Statute of Frauds
- Analyzing two Contracts questions, from the July 2011 and July 2019 California bar exams
- How you should structure your exam answer when the question involves the Statute of Frauds
Thanks for listening!
To listen now, just click on the arrow button above.
- Law School Exam Prep 101
- California Bar Examination – Essay Questions and Selected Answers, July 2011
- California Bar Examination – Essay Questions and Selected Answers, July 2019
- Examples & Explanations: Contracts, by Brian Blum
- Podcast Episode 215: Listen and Learn – The Commerce Clause
- Podcast Episode 218: Listen and Learn – Supplemental Jurisdiction (Civ Pro)
- Podcast Episode 244: Listen and Learn – Negligence Per Se
- Podcast Episode 245: Listen and Learn – Promissory Estoppel
- Podcast Episode 248: Listen and Learn – Introduction to Homicide
- Podcast Episode 257: Listen and Learn – The “Reasonable Person” Standard
- Podcast Episode 259: Listen and Learn – Relevance in Evidence
- Podcast Episode 261: Listen and Learn – The Basics of Hearsay
- Podcast Episode 263: Listen and Learn – Subject Matter Jurisdiction
- Podcast Episode 265: Listen and Learn – Constructive Eviction
- Podcast Episode 267: Listen and Learn – UCC 2-207 (“The Battle of the Forms”)
- Podcast Episode 271: Listen and Learn – Hearsay Exceptions: Present Sense Impression and State of Mind
- First-Hand Guide to 1L Courses – Contracts
- 5 Simple and Effective Memorization Techniques for Law Students
Prefer to read?
Did You Like It?
If you enjoy the podcast, we’d love a nice review and/or rating on Apple Podcasts or your favorite listening app. And feel free to reach out to us directly. You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website. If you’re concerned about the bar exam, check out our sister site, the Bar Exam Toolbox. You can also sign up for our weekly podcast newsletter to make sure you never miss an episode!
Thanks for listening!
Looking for some help to do your best in law school? Find out about our law school tutoring options.