Welcome back to the Law School Toolbox podcast! In today’s episode, as part of our “Listen and Learn” series, we take a look at the differences between two highly-tested hearsay exceptions: present sense impression and state of mind.
In this episode we discuss:
- What are hearsay exceptions and how to quickly distinguish between them
- The rules for present sense impression and state of mind
- Analyzing several examples from Evidence essays involving hearsay
- The importance of considering each statement the declarant makes
- Local rules of evidence versus federal rules of evidence
Thanks for listening!
To listen now, just click on the arrow button above.
- Tutoring for Law School Success
- California Bar Examination – Essay Questions and Selected Answers, February 2012
- California Bar Examination – Essay Questions and Selected Answers, July 2009
- Examples & Explanations for Evidence, by Arthur Best
- Podcast Episode 215: Listen and Learn – The Commerce Clause
- Podcast Episode 218: Listen and Learn – Supplemental Jurisdiction (Civ Pro)
- Podcast Episode 244: Listen and Learn – Negligence Per Se
- Podcast Episode 245: Listen and Learn – Promissory Estoppel
- Podcast Episode 248: Listen and Learn – Introduction to Homicide
- Podcast Episode 257: Listen and Learn – The “Reasonable Person” Standard
- Podcast Episode 259: Listen and Learn – Relevance in Evidence
- Podcast Episode 261: Listen and Learn – The Basics of Hearsay
- Podcast Episode 263: Listen and Learn – Subject Matter Jurisdiction
- Podcast Episode 265: Listen and Learn – Constructive Eviction
- Podcast Episode 267: Listen and Learn – UCC 2-207 (“The Battle of the Forms”)
- Evidence 101 – A Quick Look at Upperclassmen Courses
Prefer to read?
Did You Like It?
If you enjoy the podcast, we’d love a nice review and/or rating on Apple Podcasts or your favorite listening app. And feel free to reach out to us directly. You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website. If you’re concerned about the bar exam, check out our sister site, the Bar Exam Toolbox. You can also sign up for our weekly podcast newsletter to make sure you never miss an episode!
Thanks for listening!
Looking for some help to do your best in law school? Find out about our law school tutoring options.