Welcome back to the Law School Toolbox podcast!
Although it seems like it should be common sense, you’d be surprised by how many law students struggle with professionalism when they arrive at their first law job. This may be because many law students have limited work experience or have only been exposed to more casual work environments in the past. Now is the time to make a good first impression at your legal job and we have some advice to help you out!
In this episode we talk about:
- What does being a professional even mean?
- What your job really is as a new lawyer or legal intern
- Why to check any sense of entitlement
- What it’s like to work in different settings
- How and why to dress professionally
- Professional communication (in-person and email)
- Perception and why it’s important
- Alison and Lee’s stories from the trenches!
To listen now, just click on the arrow button above.
Prefer to read?
Did You Like It?
If you enjoyed this episode, please let us know! We’d love a nice review and/or rating on iTunes. (You can also subscribe using the iTunes link, so you won’t miss anything.)
And feel free to reach out to us directly! You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website.
And you can always listen to other episodes on the main Law School Toolbox podcast page.
Thanks for listening!
Looking for some help to do your best in law school? Find out about our law school tutoring options.
Leave a Reply