Although it’s only December, today we’re looking ahead to the summer. If you’re a 1L, you’re probably thinking about how (and where) you are going to find a summer job. We know a lot of you may be stressing out about this so we’ve got some useful tips and information about the basics of a 1L job search.
In this episode we talk about:
- Does it matter what you do after your 1L year of law school?
- What kind of job can you realistically expect to get?
- The importance of getting a job doing something “legal”
- Different types of summer jobs you can apply to (judicial externships, firm jobs, government, academia, international work)
- Using your personal or family network to find opportunities
- How to find opportunities through your school
- What you can expect to earn
- Most important factors when deciding on a summer job
- How to find out what an organization is looking for
- What to do if you don’t find a paid job
- How to secure funding for summer jobs
- The importance of Job Fairs
Good luck in your job hunt!
To listen now, just click on the arrow button above.
Here are the materials you’ll need, if you want to follow along:
Did You Like It?
And feel free to reach out to us directly! You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website.
And you can always listen to other episodes on the main Law School Toolbox podcast page.
Thanks for listening!
Looking for some help to do your best in law school? Find out about our law school tutoring options.