Welcome back to the Law School Toolbox podcast! Today, we’re welcoming back disability consultant Elizabeth Knox to discuss the process of applying for accommodations in law school to level the playing field in cases of disability, pregnancy, anxiety, and other conditions.
In this episode we discuss:
- The different categories that fall into the accommodations realm
- How much harder is it to get accommodations if you don’t have a history of accommodations?
- How to advocate for yourself if you’re not comfortable with the traditional mode of teaching in law school
- What if the accommodations request is not approved before exam time?
- What to do if medical issues come up suddenly during the semester
- Accommodations for the bar exam
- Navigating the job search process for people with special needs
- Remember that people don’t even notice that somebody got accommodations for the exam!
Thanks for listening!
To listen now, just click on the arrow button above.
- Elizabeth Knox, Access the Dream
- Law School Toolbox blog: You Forgot to Request Exam Accommodations. Time to Panic?
- Law School Toolbox blog: To Ask or Not to Ask: Summer Job Accommodations
- Law School Toolbox blog: Why It’s Important to Ask for Disability Accommodations Early
- Law School Toolbox blog: Leveling the Playing Field: Using Resources and Seeking Accommodations in Law School
- Bar Exam Toolbox Podcast Episode 60: Applying for Accommodations on the Bar Exam (w/Elizabeth Knox)
- Bar Exam Toolbox Podcast Episode 72: Seeking Accommodations in Law School and on the Bar Exam (with Dr. Jared Maloff)
Prefer to read?
Did You Like It?
If you enjoy the podcast, we’d love a nice review and/or rating on Apple Podcasts or your favorite listening app. And feel free to reach out to us directly. You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website. If you’re concerned about the bar exam, check out our sister site, the Bar Exam Toolbox. You can also sign up for our weekly podcast newsletter to make sure you never miss an episode!
Thanks for listening!
Looking for some help to do your best in law school? Find out about our law school tutoring options.