In today’s episode, we’re doing things a bit differently. We’ve talked about how to study for a law exam, but today we are going to take an exam with you. Well, not actually TAKE it with you, but we’re going over a real question to show you exactly how we’d approach an exam hypo, from start to finish.
Before listening to this episode, be sure to download the documents in the resources so you can follow along.
In this episode we talk about:
- Our step-by-step attack plan
- How we organize the information in the hypo
- What we’re looking for when we read the question
- How to figure out the key legal issues and critical facts
- How to generally approach exam hypos
- Tying the facts to the law
- Creating a scratch paper outline
- Putting it all together and writing your exam answer
Best of luck on your exams!
To listen now, just click on the arrow button above.
Here are the materials you’ll need, if you want to follow along:
- Adverse Possession Hypo
- Adverse Possession Attack Plan
- Adverse Possession Sample Answer
- Marked Up Answer Alison
- Marked Up Answer Lee
- Scratch Paper Outline Alison
- Scratch Paper Outline Lee
Did You Like It?
And feel free to reach out to us directly! You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website.
And you can always listen to other episodes on the main Law School Toolbox podcast page.
Thanks for listening!
Looking for some help to do your best in law school? Find out about our law school tutoring options.