Welcome back to the Law School Toolbox podcast! Today, we’re sharing some unexpected things we experienced when we started as 1Ls, so you can adjust to law school culture faster.
In this episode we discuss:
- How the volume of activities and the importance of grades can be overwhelming at first
- Why it could take some time to find people that you click with
- The reality of having to figure most stuff out on your own
- Schedules being less flexible than you might be used to
- The importance of thinking about summer jobs early
- Bringing out your inner entitled self and feeling confident you deserve your place in law school as much as anybody else
Thanks for listening!
To listen now, just click on the arrow button above.
- Start Law School Right
- Podcast Episode 8: Law School 101 For 1Ls (What Not to Do)
- Podcast Episode 151: Our Top 10 Podcast Episodes for Incoming 1Ls
- Law School Toolbox blog: Your Frequently Asked Questions When Starting Law School, Answered
- Law School Toolbox blog: Ahead of the Curve: Time Management When Starting Law School
- Law School Toolbox blog: Starting Off on the Right Foot: Survival Tips for the First Few Weeks
- Law School Toolbox blog: The Secrets More 1Ls Need to Know
- Law School Toolbox blog: Law School Toolbox Experts Share: Non-Obvious Things That 1Ls Should Bring with Them and Why
- Law School Toolbox blog: Law School Toolbox Experts Share: What I did Right When Starting Law School
- Law School Toolbox blog: Law School Toolbox Experts Share: Mistakes I Made When Starting Law School
Prefer to read?
Did You Like It?
If you enjoy the podcast, we’d love a nice review and/or rating on Apple Podcasts or your favorite listening app. And feel free to reach out to us directly. You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website. If you’re concerned about the bar exam, check out our sister site, the Bar Exam Toolbox. You can also sign up for our weekly podcast newsletter to make sure you never miss an episode!
Thanks for listening!
Looking for some help to do your best in law school? Find out about our law school tutoring options.