Welcome back to the Law School Toolbox podcast! Today we are talking about one important facet of the law school experience — learning to argue like a lawyer. From class to court, it’s all basically the same.
So, what do lawyers argue about? Some combination of:
- The Facts
- The Law
In this episode we discuss:
- Examples of the types of arguments you will find in law school
- How to argue like a lawyer
- Why law students struggle with the concept of ambiguity
- The importance of reading cases carefully
- Why law students struggle when trying to argue about the law
- Policy arguments and why they can be the most confusing type of argument
- How professors handle policy arguments
- What types of arguments will you see on exams and strategies for mastering them
To listen now, just click on the arrow button above.
Did You Like It?
And feel free to reach out to us directly! You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website.
And you can always listen to other episodes on the main Law School Toolbox podcast page.
Thanks for listening!
Looking for some help to do your best in law school? Find out about our law school tutoring options.