Welcome to the Law School Toolbox Podcast! Today, we’re talking about something that’s incredibly important for everyone who’s preparing for the bar exam: self-care. Let’s face it, studying for the bar exam is stressful and so is legal practice. Working on self-care during your bar exam study period is one thing that will probably help you pass and also help you in your legal career.
In this episode we discuss:
- Paying attention to your breathing, and using breath work for mental wellness and stress relief
- Making time to exercise – it’s good for your brain and memory!
- Laughter therapy – tricking your brain to produce more serotonin
- Mindfulness: what it is, why it works, and how to incorporate it in your daily routine
- Simple yoga poses for stress relief
- Allowing yourself breaks – you’re not a robot
- Real life ways of getting adequate sleep and nourishing your body with food and water
Thanks for listening!
To listen now, just click on the arrow button above.
- Yoga Breathing: Alternate Nostril Breathing Video Tutorial
- Breath + Sound: 30 Minute Guided Breathwork Experience
- Harvard Health Blog, “Regular exercise changes the brain to improve memory, thinking skills.”
- Cancer Treatment Centers of America – Laughter Therapy
- Kitten Therapy: The Prescription for Stress
- Getting Started with Mindfulness
- Being with Stressful Moments Rather Than Avoiding Them
- Insight Timer App
- Free Guided Meditations: UCLA Mindful Awareness Research Center
- Living Peace: Connecting Your Spirituality with Your Work for Justice
- Yoga Outlet – How to do Child’s Pose in Yoga
- Yoga Journal – Yoga for Inner Peace
- Get a Good Night’s Sleep by Filtering Your Phone’s Blue Light
- Mind Over Bar
- Bar Exam Mind
- Bar Exam Toolbox’s own Mindfulness archives
Download the Transcript
Prefer to read? Download the episode transcript.
Did You Like It?
If you enjoyed this episode, please let us know! We’d love a nice review and/or rating on iTunes. You can also make sure you don’t miss anything by subscribing with the iTunes link or signing up for our weekly podcast newsletter!
And feel free to reach out to us directly. You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website. If you’ve got burning law school questions, let us know. We’re always looking for great content ideas, so maybe we’ll answer your question in a future episode.
And you can always listen to other episodes on the main Law School Toolbox podcast page.
Thanks for listening!
Looking for some help to do your best in law school? Find out about our law school tutoring options.