Welcome to the Law School Toolbox Podcast and to a whole new year! Today, we’re talking about taking stock, regrouping, and a few resolutions you might want to consider for the new school year.
January can be a rough time in law school. The weather is terrible in lots of places, the holiday break is over, and of course, grades are coming in. However, the first few weeks of the spring semester are a great time to evaluate what worked for you – and what didn’t work – last semester.
In this episode we discuss:
- Grades: How important are they, and what do they mean for the future of your legal career?
- Action steps for the first few weeks of spring semester
- How to talk to your professors about your exams
- Reevaluating your study resources and making changes as necessary – academic support at your school, private tutoring, and study groups
- Maintaining or regaining life balance: Therapy, exercise, and social life
- Suggested New Year’s Resolutions for law students!
Thanks for listening!
To listen now, just click on the arrow button above.
- Improve Your Second Semester Law School Grades
- Podcast Episode 122: How to Transfer Law Schools (with Mihal Ansik)
- Podcast Episode 120: Preparing for the 1L Job Hunt (with Ex-BigLaw Recruiter Sadie Jones)
- Podcast Episode 106: How to Go to Office Hours and Make It Worth Your Time
Download the Transcript
Prefer to read? Download the episode transcript.
Did You Like It?
If you enjoyed this episode, please let us know! We’d love a nice review and/or rating on iTunes. You can also make sure you don’t miss anything by subscribing with the iTunes link or signing up for our weekly podcast newsletter!
And feel free to reach out to us directly. You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website. If you’ve got burning law school questions, let us know. We’re always looking for great content ideas, so maybe we’ll answer your question in a future episode.
And you can always listen to other episodes on the main Law School Toolbox podcast page.
Thanks for listening!
Looking for some help to do your best in law school? Find out about our law school tutoring options.