Welcome back to the Law School Toolbox Podcast! Today we’re talking about transferring law schools after your 1L year. There are many different reasons why a law student might apply to transfer to a different school. No matter what your reasons, you’ll have to go through the application process – again – and that takes careful planning and consideration. Our special guest is Mihal Ansik, who graduated from Harvard Law School after transferring her 2L year, and currently works to provide legal services and education tools to women working to reunify with their children and families after incarceration. She has great insight into the transfer process, so if you are considering transferring, tune in!
In this episode we discuss:
- Mihal’s decision to transfer to Harvard Law School
- What to focus on as a 1L if you intend to transfer
- Elements of a law school transfer application
- Timing for working on and submitting your application
- How many schools should you apply to?
- Factors to consider when deciding whether to transfer if you are accepted
- Adjusting to your new school
Thanks for listening!
To listen now, just click on the arrow button above.
- Ahead of the Curve: So You Want to Transfer Law Schools…
- Transferring Law Schools: How I Jumped Ship (Part 1)
- Transferring Law Schools: How I Jumped Ship (Part 2)
- Applying to Law School: Personal Statement or Essay (from LSAC)
- Out of the Frying Pan, Into the Fire: Transfer Students in Law School
Download the Transcript
Prefer to read? Download the episode transcript.
Did You Like It?
If you enjoyed this episode, please let us know! We’d love a nice review and/or rating on iTunes. You can also make sure you don’t miss anything by subscribing with the iTunes link or signing up for our weekly podcast newsletter!
And feel free to reach out to us directly! You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website. If you’ve got burning law school questions, let us know! We’re always looking for great content ideas, so maybe we’ll answer your question in a future episode.
And you can always listen to other episodes on the main Law School Toolbox podcast page.
Thanks for listening!
Looking for some help to do your best in law school? Find out about our law school tutoring options.