Welcome to the Law School Toolbox Podcast. Today we have a special guest on the podcast, Meg Keene. Meg is the Founder and Editor-in-Chief of A Practical Wedding, (the top independently-held wedding publication in the world), the author of two books (A Practical Wedding and A Practical Wedding Planner), and the creator of a new project, The Compact. Although Meg is not a lawyer, she is married to one, so we consider her part of the club. She’s also a kick-ass entrepreneur with a lot of very interesting things to say, so tune in!
In this episode we discuss:
- The path to entrepreneurship and what you need to know to be successful
- Challenges of running a business as a woman and mother
- Balancing politics and her decision to include a social mission as part of her business
- How to remain authentic in sharing your experiences while maintaining some privacy
- The effort required to create and maintain a social media presence
- Being in a relationship with a law student and lawyer
Thanks for listening!
To listen now, just click on the arrow button above.
- A Practical Wedding
- The Compact
- A Practical Wedding: Creative Ideas for Planning a Beautiful, Affordable, and Meaningful Celebration, by Meg Keene
- A Practical Wedding Planner: A Step-by-Step Guide to Creating the Wedding You Want with the Budget You’ve Got (without Losing your Mind in the Process), by Meg Keene
- Why Women Don’t See Themselves as Entrepreneurs, by Claire Cain Miller
- The $100 Startup: Reinvent the Way You Make a Living, Do What You Love, and Create a New Future, by Chris Guillebeau
- Podcast Episode 83: Lawyers in Action – The Airport Immigration Crisis
- Podcast Episode 87: Affordable Bar Prep & Social Entrepreneurship (w/ Chris Henjum of Esqyr.com)
- Podcast Episode 58: Non-Profit Law and Social Entrepreneurship (with guest Adrian Tirtanadi of Bayview Hunters Point Community Legal)
- Podcast Episode 86: Resources for Aspiring Entrepreneurs
- Podcast Episode 91: From Lawyer to Entrepreneur to Mayor!
Download the Transcript
Prefer to read? Download the episode transcript.
Did You Like It?
And feel free to reach out to us directly! You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website. If you’ve got burning law school questions, let us know! We’re always looking for great content ideas, so maybe we’ll answer your question in a future episode.
And you can always listen to other episodes on the main Law School Toolbox podcast page.
Thanks for listening!
Looking for some help to do your best in law school? Find out about our law school tutoring options.