Welcome to the Law School Toolbox Podcast! Today we’re talking about building relationships in law school with everyone from professors to classmates and potential employers. Of course grades are important, but building relationships can not only make your law school experience more pleasant, it can open doors of opportunity in the future.
In this episode we discuss:
- Why relationships matter
- How to get to know your professors
- Different opportunities to interact with your professors, in and out of the classroom
- Developing relationships with your classmates
- School activities and social outlets that foster meaningful interaction
- Getting to know other people at your law school in administration or different programs
- How to meet lawyers and non-lawyers in the community through bar association events, pro bono work, charity fundraising events, etc.
- Finding mentors and sponsors
Thanks for listening!
To listen now, just click on the arrow button above.
- How to Get to Know Your Professors in Law School
- Office Hours – Should You Go?
- Podcast Episode 106: How to Go to Office Hours and Make It Worth Your Time
- Tips for Making the Most of Your Professor’s Office Hours
- Video Quick Tip: Office Hours
- Avoiding Office Hours? Go, and Get Something Out of It
- Should I Do a Law School Extracurricular?
- Podcast Episode 59: Conquering Loneliness in Law School
- Legal Networking 101: Towards a New Definition of Networking
- Video Quick Tip: Finding Mentors and Sponsors
Download the Transcript
Prefer to read? Download the episode transcript.
Did You Like It?
If you enjoyed this episode, please let us know! We’d love a nice review and/or rating on iTunes. (You can also subscribe using the iTunes link, so you won’t miss anything.)
And feel free to reach out to us directly! You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website. If you’ve got burning law school questions, let us know! We’re always looking for great content ideas, so maybe we’ll answer your question in a future episode.
And you can always listen to other episodes on the main Law School Toolbox podcast page.
Thanks for listening!
Looking for some help to do your best in law school? Find out about our law school tutoring options.
Leave a Reply