Welcome back to the Law School Toolbox Podcast. Today, we’re talking about going to law professors’ office hours and getting something out of it. Lots of law students say they’re going to go to office hours regularly, but few actually do. Developing good relationships with your professors will not only have a positive effect on your law school success, but may prove to be valuable for years to follow. So tune in, and learn to love office hours!
In this episode we discuss:
- Why some students are hesitant to go to office hours
- Reasons why going to office hours is beneficial
- Ways to make office hours less intimidating and more useful
- How office hours in law school differs from undergrad
- Things you might talk about when you visit your professors
- Questions to avoid asking
- Other ways to interact with your professors if you are unable to make it to the scheduled office hours
- Don’t forget about your TAs!
Thanks for listening!
To listen now, just click on the arrow button above.
- How to Get to Know Your Professors in Law School
- Office Hours – Should You Go?
- Tips for Making the Most of Your Professor’s Office Hours
- Video Quick Tip: Office Hours
- Avoiding Office Hours? Go, and Get Something Out of It
- Video Quick Tip: Finding Mentors and Sponsors
- Networking Strategies for a New World
Download the Transcript
Prefer to read? Download the episode transcript.
Did You Like It?
If you enjoyed this episode, please let us know! We’d love a nice review and/or rating on iTunes. (You can also subscribe using the iTunes link, so you won’t miss anything.)
And feel free to reach out to us directly! You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website. If you’ve got burning law school questions, let us know! We’re always looking for great content ideas, so maybe we’ll answer your question in a future episode.
And you can always listen to other episodes on the main Law School Toolbox podcast page.
Thanks for listening!
Looking for some help to do your best in law school? Find out about our law school tutoring options.
[…] Have you taken advantage of office hours with the professor or […]