As the calendar turns to May, it is now time for law school exams. Whether you are on the semester or quarter system, it is likely you have exams and papers coming up soon. This month, our theme will be “Surviving Law School Exams.” We will talk about everything from organizing your time, taking care of yourself and tackling different types of exams. To get you started, check out these helpful posts on making it through exam time.
- Wasting Time on Your Law School Exam? Almost every student I work with feels like they are running low on time when it comes to finishing an exam. So how do you work more efficiently?
- Should You Proofread Your Law School Exams? Are you spending too much time trying to make your essay perfect for the grader?
- The Single Most Important Word in Any Law School Exam Answer Can one word really change your law school GPA for the better? Yes. Find out what it is.
- Copy and Paste: Your Worst Enemy on a Law School Exam? When Lee is grading exams, she always has her eyes out for habits law students pick up that can negatively affect their grades. One of them is using copy and paste.
- The Single Most Important Thing You Can Do on a Law School Exam What’s the single most important thing you can do on a law school exam? This one’s easy: answer the question.
- How to Organize Your Exam Answers. Although it depends on the preference of the professor (which you’ll suss out by examining their sample answers and asking questions), there are some generally accepted organizational strategies that you’ll want to consider.
Making the Most of Exam Day:
- What Should You Bring with You to a Law School Exam? We were comparing notes recently about what we brought with us when we went to take our law school exams. Since we totally disagree about what’s necessary, we’ll each share our approach.
- Let’s Talk About Sleep Let’s take a moment to talk about sleep. Or, really, lack of sleep. Because that is what you should be concerned about going into final exams (and throughout your law school experience). What happens if you don’t sleep?
When You are Done:
- Is Your Law School Exam Over? Then Stop Worrying About It! Worrying about your exam after it’s over is a complete waste of time. Don’t do it!
- How to Recover From a Bad Law School Exam Answer If you’re in law school, you’re eventually going to have a really bad exam experience. Here are six tips for how to recover.
- “Yikes! My Computer Crashed” — Moving on After a Disappointing Exam Experience Bad things happen during exams. Here are some tips to regroup.
Looking for some help to do your best in law school? Find out about our law school tutoring options.