It has been quite a year at the Law School Toolbox/Bar Exam Toolbox! Thanks to all of our loyal readers (and listeners) for making 2018 great!
This year we published over 308 blog posts between the Law School Toolbox, Bar Exam Toolbox and the Girl’s Guide to Law School. The Girls Guide to Law School is back on the top blogs list from the ABA Journal. We are really excited about this!
We supported many law students and bar studiers with one-on-one tutoring programs and expanded our bar exam self-study program to include customized study schedules (for the UBE and CA bar exams). Because of the virtual nature of our services, we have worked with students all over the country and all over the world.
In September we partnered with Wolters Kluwer Legal Education to offer Casebook Connect students tutoring help through the LawBoost program. This program offers students 3 hours of consultation with one of our tutors. We’re excited to continue to grow this partnership in the coming year.
We welcomed new members to our team, and Lee even gave birth to a baby girl in July (about a week before the bar exam!).
We are not sure what to say about what happened in the world in 2018 (things were shocking, horrifying, and at times heartwarming). But in our little corner of the world (and the internet!) it has been an exciting and challenging year. We look forward to working with more students to find success in 2019.
Check out some of our most popular content from the year below!
Top 10 Law School Toolbox Posts of 2018
- Bluebook Oddities: 10 Unlikely Citations
- The Complete Guide to Memorization in Law School
- Not Sure You Want to Be a Lawyer? Consider Some Alternative Ways to Use Your JD
- The Art of Rule Synthesis
- Things I Wish I Had Known Before Starting Law School
- Avoid These 10 Common 1L Mistakes
- Emerging Careers For Law Graduates: Hot Practice Areas
- What is it Really Like to be a Judicial Clerk?
- Refuting the Myths: How to Be Successful on the MPRE the First Time
- Beyond Outlining: 3 Additional Strategies to Help You Prepare for Finals
Top 5 Bar Exam Toolbox Posts of 2018
- Taking a Break: Can you Afford to Take a Full Day (or more) Off During Bar Exam Studies
- 5 Reasons Why You’re Going to Pass the Bar Exam
- How to Be a Bar Exam Essay Writing Machine
- 5 Things to Do After Finishing the Bar Exam
- How Studying For the Bar Exam is Different Than Studying in Law School
Top 5 Girls Guide to Law School Posts of 2018
- The Difference Between 1L vs 2L Stressors
- 3 Skills of Top Lawyers That You Can Start Developing as a Law Student
- Where to Study For the Bar Exam: Environment Matters
- Advice From the Trenches For Incoming 1Ls: On the Rigors of Law School
- Legal Writing Mishaps You Should Avoid Like the Plague
Top 5 Law School Toolbox Podcasts of 2018
- Episode 134: Strategies For Maximum Personal Productivity
- Episode 132: What’s BigLaw Really Like? (w/Sadie Jones)
- Episode 139: How to Issue Spot an Exam Question (w/live example)
- Episode 151: Our Top 10 Podcast Episodes For incoming 1Ls
- Episode 158: What to Wear (and Not to Wear)
Top 5 Bar Exam Toolbox Podcasts of 2018
- Episode 10: Top 5 Bar Exam Essay Writing Tips (w/Ariel Salzer)
- Episode 7: A Conversation with Sean Silverman – MBE Expert
- Episode 9: Mastering the Performance Test (w/Doretta McGinnis)
- Episode 11: Self-Sabotaging Behavior During Bar Prep (w/Ariel Salzer)
- Episode 12: Bar Exam-Day Tips (w/Brittany Raposa)
Looking for some help to do your best in law school? Find out about our law school tutoring options.