At the Law School Toolbox, we’re on the lookout for people to help write useful, engaging content. If you’re interested in working with us, please read on.
We are currently accepting applications for one position:
To be considered, please submit your application as soon as possible. See below for details. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
What Are We Looking For?
If you’re enthusiastic about helping us reach out to law students, bar exam takers, and young lawyers — and you’ve got the relevant skills to do so — we want to talk to you!
Specifically, we’re looking for:
- Creative, enthusiastic applicants who have useful skills and experience but are also eager to learn and grow.
- The ability to get things done — consistently and competently.
- Basic technical competence, including using tools such as Dropbox, Google Drive, Skype, Trello, etc.
- The ability to work independently and virtually (without extensive ongoing supervision).
- Experience with law school and/or the legal profession is a plus, but is not required. We welcome applications from law students, law graduates, and people thinking about law school.
What We Offer
We work with law students, bar exam takers, and young lawyers across the country to help them achieve their goals. We maintain multiple websites, email lists, and social media channels at Law School Toolbox, Bar Exam Toolbox, and The Girl’s Guide to Law School, we run a popular podcast, and we write frequently for other websites.
Members of our outreach team:
- Are location-independent and make their own schedules. All work is done virtually, so a reliable internet connection is a must.
- Are compensated on an hourly basis as independent contractors.
- Receive ongoing support in a learning-focused, collaborative environment.
- Work part time, and may go to school or have other jobs as well. It’s a great opportunity for a side hustle!
Want to be a Freelance Writer?
We are looking for top-notch writers who would like to work with the Law School Toolbox team virtually on a part-time basis to create content related to law school, the bar exam, and legal careers.
Specifically, we’re looking for some or all of the following:
- Strong writing and research skills
- Experience writing on topics in the education and/or career space.
- Experience with, or interest in, law school and the legal profession. (Law students and under/unemployed law graduates are welcome to apply!)
- Online content marketing experience (writing for websites, blogs, email newsletters, etc. to promote brand awareness).
- Familiarity with search engine optimization best practices.
- The ability to work independently and consistently produce publishable content on a defined schedule.
- The ability (and desire) to learn quickly and write on a variety of topics.
- A can-do attitude, excellent attention to detail, strong organizational skills.
- The desire to be part of a dynamic, supportive, and growing virtual team.
- Creating blog posts and other written content to be published on Law School Toolbox, Bar Exam Toolbox, The Girl’s Guide to Law School, or other websites.
Please submit a résumé, your answers to the following questions, and two writing samples (blog posts, etc.) that you consider representative of your work using our job submission form:
- Why are you interested in this position? What makes you a good fit?
- What experience do you have with law school or the legal profession, if any? Why does this area interest you?
If you have questions on any aspect of our hiring process, please don’t hesitate to contact us at: Alison@lawschooltoolbox.com and Lee@lawschooltoolbox.com. We encourage applications from a wide variety of candidates and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.