Welcome back! Today, we’re talking with Ariel Salzer, tutor for the Law School Toolbox and Bar Exam Toolbox, about the upcoming July 2017 bar exam season! Change is in the air, especially with the new California bar exam format and new MBE scoring rules, so your strategy might shift a bit. But one thing remains constant: you can’t get through any bar exam without deliberate, focused, and practical studying—and a lot of it.
In this episode we discuss:
- Changes to the California bar exam format from 3 days to 2 days
- Potential winners and losers with the new format
- The impact of reducing the California performance test to one 90-minute segment
- Chatter about the exam changes and the debate over lowering the passing score in California—and why you should ignore all of it during your bar exam prep
- Practicing active learning for the MBE and recognizing legally significant facts
- The benefits of, and strategies for, starting your bar prep early
To listen now, just click on the arrow button above.
- Esqyr 10% Off Coupon
- State Bar of California Notice re: Modification to Format and Grading of the California Bar Examination Effective with July 2017 Administration
- “California bar exam’s passing score should be lowered, critics say.”
- Sample 90-Minute Performance Test Instructions and File
- Podcast Episode 78: Advice for First-Time Bar Exam Takers
- Podcast Episode 52: Bar Exam Tips for Mastering the MBE
- Please Do Not Spend All of Your Time Studying the Law!
- Can Studying Early Help You Pass the Bar Exam?
- How to Become Great at Taking the Bar Exam with Deliberate Practice
- Why I Hired a Bar Exam Tutor
Bar Exam Workshops and Courses at Bar Exam Toolbox:
- Writing of the Week (WOW) Bar Essay Workshop
- California Bar Exam Tutoring
- Florida Bar Exam Tutoring
- Uniform Bar Exam (UBE), MEE, and MPT Tutoring
Download the Transcript
Prefer to read? Download the episode transcript.
Did You Like It?
And feel free to reach out to us directly! You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website. If you’ve got burning law school questions, let us know! We’re always looking for great content ideas, so maybe we’ll answer your question in a future episode.
And you can always listen to other episodes on the main Law School Toolbox podcast page.
Thanks for listening!
Looking for some help to do your best in law school? Find out about our law school tutoring options.