The entire purpose of law school, of course, is to enable you to work as a lawyer! Finding a job, and planning your career, can be stressful and frustrating (at least at times), so it’s important to stay focused and get the help you need to succeed.
It’s also useful to keep perspective — the perfect job rarely falls into your lap immediately, and some early-career struggles are normal as you explore your interests and match those with the jobs that are available to you as a law student or recent graduate.
Your career will span many years, so it pays to take the long view, and be patient in the beginning.
How We Can Help
We are excited to have on board at the Law School Toolbox a former BigLaw recruiter with nearly ten years of experience in several major markets, who is available to help with your legal job hunt strategy (inside or outside of OCI) and with your résumé, cover letter, writing sample, and other application materials.
Having reviewed thousands of legal résumés and cover letters, she can help you tell your story in a way that resonates with legal employers of all types.
We can also help with transfer applications, from strategy to execution and making the final decision.
Law School Career Coaching and Résumé/Cover Letter Help
If you’re interested in getting one-on-one help with a résumé or cover letter review, job hunt strategy, interview prep, transfer applications, or more, please take a look at our law school career coaching options:
- 3 Hours: Quick Help
- 5 Hours: Silver Package (Save 5%)
- 10 Hours: Gold Package (Save 10%)
- 20 Hours: Platinum Package (Save 15%)
If you have any questions about which option is right for you, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re happy to help!
Career-Related Podcast Episodes
The Law School Toolbox podcast often covers career-related topics. Here are a few recent episodes you might enjoy:
- OCI Basics With an Ex-BigLaw Recruiter
- Handling Summer Associate Offers (With an Ex-BigLaw Recruiter)
- Goals for Your 1L Summer Job
- The 3L Job Hunt Process
- What’s BigLaw Really Like?
- Editing Your Resume and Cover Letter
- Job Search Etiquette
- Dealing with Interview and Workplace Mistakes
And the full list of career-related podcast episodes is here, for easy reference!
Useful Career Content
CareerDicta also has a variety of useful career content, from solo practice to networking and online marketing. Just pick a topic area below to get started. You’ll find lots of useful articles in each topic area.
- Networking Strategies for a New Legal World
- Career Strategies from the Trenches
- The Basics of Legal Marketing
- Mindset Matters in Your Legal Career
- How to Build a Successful Virtual Law Office
- 6 Things You Learned in Law School That Shouldn’t Be Tried at Home
- “7 Questions” with Interesting Lawyers
- Getting a Law Job, What To Wear, and How to Behave
Advice on Transferring
Not sure if you should transfer, or how to do it successfully? Check out these podcast episodes and blog posts.
- Podcast: How to Transfer Law Schools (w/Mihal Ansik)
- Podcast: How Will Transferring Law Schools Impact the Job Search? (w/Sadie Jones)
- I Hate My Law School! Should I Transfer?
- How to Write a Top-Notch Personal Statement When You’re Looking to Transfer Law Schools
If you’d like to join the Law School Toolbox mailing list for more useful career content, now’s your chance! Just click here and join the thousands of other law students and young lawyers who hear from us regularly.
And if you have any questions (or topic ideas), please don’t hesitate to contact us.