Welcome back to the Law School Toolbox podcast! Today, we’re welcoming back disability consultant Elizabeth Knox to discuss the process of applying for accommodations in law school to level the playing field in cases of disability, pregnancy, anxiety, and other conditions.
In this episode we discuss:
- The different categories that fall into the accommodations realm
- How much harder is it to get accommodations if you don’t have a history of accommodations?
- How to advocate for yourself if you’re not comfortable with the traditional mode of teaching in law school
- What if the accommodations request is not approved before exam time?
- What to do if medical issues come up suddenly during the semester
- Accommodations for the bar exam
- Navigating the job search process for people with special needs
- Remember that people don’t even notice that somebody got accommodations for the exam!
Thanks for listening!