Welcome back to the Law School Toolbox podcast! Today, we’re talking with ex-BigLaw recruiter Sadie Jones about networking nuts and bolts – what you need to know to feel comfortable mingling with strangers at cocktail parties, formal dinners, and more.
In this episode we discuss:
- Why lots of people find it intimidating to go to a networking cocktail party
- The best ways to enter and leave a group conversation gracefully
- How to handle your food/drink and still be able to shake hands or give out business cards
- How to find people to talk to if you’re not naturally extroverted
- Good and bad topics to talk about
- Dinner table basics for the more formal events
- Following up with people you’ve met at the event
Thanks for listening!