Surviving your first year of law school is a great achievement! But there’s no time to rest on your laurels. The final years of law school can be challenging in their own way, but are also a great opportunity for you to start crafting your own path in the law, now that you have more freedom in your class schedule and other activities.
Read on for a few of our favorite posts, and for links to lots of other useful content. If your grades aren’t what you hoped for, we’d be happy to talk with you about whether law school tutoring could help. Click here for all the details and to set up a a complimentary call.
Useful Info for 2Ls and 3Ls
- The 2L Slip: Will Trying to Get a Job Doom Your GPA? 2L year is when you’re supposed to be "worked to death," since the “scare” of the 1L year has dissipated, and the “bore” of being a 3L has not yet set in. Perhaps it is the decline of the curve, or summer vacation, but frequently, 2Ls begin to slip. What are the problem areas, and how can the 2L slip be prevented?
- Four Tips for Summer Law School Job Success These tips will help prepare you to rock your summer law job. Don't miss out!
- The Art of the Legal Job Interview Legal job interviews are different than other interviews you've had in your life. Read this series in order to rock any legal job interview.
- Three Reasons to Take the MPRE in Your 2L Year The Multistate Professional Responsibility Examination (“MPRE”), is required for bar admission in all but two states. The test is two hours and consists of 60 multiple-choice questions on professional responsibility and proper judicial conduct. Students usually refer to the MPRE as easy, but a better descriptor would be very do-able. You will pass this test, but that does not mean you won’t have to study for it.
- Strategies for Using Your 2L Year to Distinguish Yourself The start of 2L year is generally something to look forward to – the uncertainty that surrounds the first year of law school is in the past, the stress of final exams are months away, and you get to pick electives for the first time! 2L year has a lot going for it, but you shouldn’t let your newfound confidence as an upperclassman make you complacent.
- How to Get Involved in the World Outside of Law School Law school can be an insular place. Here are some great ways to get involved in the outside world during law school.
- Hey, 2Ls: How You Can Get Better Grades This Year? Many 2Ls across the country are starting out the year with one question—how to pull their grades up from last semester. Students are feeling really feeling the pressure on many fronts, from jobs to even the bar exam. So what do you do?
- How to Struggle Through Law School the Right Way If you ask most law students, law school can be really tough! You’ll probably feel like you struggle on some level on a daily basis. That’s good! Here's how to struggle the right way.
- Podcast Episode 9: How To Raise Your Grades as a 2L or 3L If you are a 2L or 3L who’s struggled in law school, this episode is for you. Today we’re talking about how to overcome a 1L year that was less than stellar and raise your grades for the rest of your tenure in law school.
- Podcast Episode 26: Thinking Ahead to Get Ready For the Bar Exam The fact that you are a 1L or 2L doesn't mean that you can't be thinking ahead to bar exam preparation. It's important to keep bar prep on your radar throughout law school, so you will be ready when the big day arrives. Here are some tips for preparing successfully, whatever year you are!
- Podcast Episode 61: Making the Most of Your 2L and 3L Years of Law School Today we’re talking about what 2Ls and 3Ls need to be thinking about as they get into the swing of the later years of law school. If you want to make the most of your final years of law school, tune in.
Collections of Useful Posts
Interested in finding out more about a particular topic area? Check out these collections of useful materials as you move through law school:
- Preparing for & Surviving Law School Classes
- Law School Outlining 101
- Law School Exam Prep 101
- Law School Study Strategies for Different Learning Styles
- Legal Research & Writing
- Cultivating a Mindset for Success in Law School
- Time & Life Management in Law School
- Using Technology in Law School
- Law School Career Tips
- Law School Toolbox Podcast Archive
- Recommended Resources and Supplements
If you ever have a question, don’t hesitate to contact us. We’d love to hear from you! And you might also like to join the thousands of other law students on our mailing list. You can sign up here. Enjoy!