Welcome back! Today we are talking about a very important topic — who should go to law school? People have a variety of reasons for going to law school, but the real question is — should YOU go? We’ll help you figure that out.
In this episode we discuss:
- What do lawyers really do?
- What is law school like?
- Questions to ask yourself before you apply to law school
- Ways to learn about the legal profession
- Ways to test out a legal career
- The people you should talk to before making the big decision
- Being realistic about money, time, the bar exam, and employment
- The importance of figuring out what you’re good at and what you like
- Should you go to law school just because you think you’d be “good at it”?
- Why you shouldn’t go to law school because you don’t know what else to do
- Drawbacks to consider when going to law school
- Will you be happy as a lawyer?
- What to do if you’re on the fence about law school
- The importance of examining your values and how they would line up with law school and a legal career
- Running the numbers — is law school worth it?
To listen now, just click on the arrow button above.
- Why are Lawyers So Unhappy (Podcast) (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/podcast-episode-10-lawyers-unhappy/)
- Maintaining Authenticity in the Legal Profession (Podcast) (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/podcast-episode-5-maintaining-authenticity-legal-profession/)
- How to Conduct Great Informational Interviews (http://thegirlsguidetolawschool.com/how-to-conduct-great-informational-interviews/)
- How to Decide What Type of Law to Practice (Podcast) (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/podcast-episode-70-how-to-decide-what-type-of-law-to-practice/)
Did You Like It?
And feel free to reach out to us directly! You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website. If you’ve got burning law school questions, let us know! We’re always looking for great content ideas, so maybe we’ll answer your question in a future episode.
And you can always listen to other episodes on the main Law School Toolbox podcast page.
Thanks for listening!
Looking for some help to do your best in law school? Find out about our law school tutoring options.